Episode #1: Carly Cais of Chic-Steals.com

11 Apr

It’s the first episode and I’m joined by Carly Cais of chic-steals.com!

There are one or two glitches where the audio jumps a little wacky, but I’ll iron out all the technical details as soon as I can- promise!

You can find Carly here:

We talked about:

Amazing DIY:

I had such a great time talking with Carly. Please let me know what you thought of the show in the comments, or at:

8 Responses to “Episode #1: Carly Cais of Chic-Steals.com”

1. Natalie Hua April 16, 2011 at 6:03 AM #

Alicia and Carly, It’s 2am and I want to sew something! You guys make me so excited and are very inspiring!
    Thank you so much for mentioning me on your first episode with such kind words!
    Alicia, I really enjoy watching the show and learning more about Carly. I love how you guys are both very relaxed, it makes me feel relaxed watching you.
    Great job ladies!
    Already subscribed and will be looking forward to the next episode!

• Alicia April 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM #

Yay, I’m so happy to hear that. I hope everyone comes away with the same feeling. Also, I want to give you a big hug for saying we looked relaxed :)

2. carlyjcais April 16, 2011 at 7:59 AM #

Thanks so much for the interview, Alicia!! It was such a pleasure talking with you and finding such a kindred DIY spirit! LOL
    Now watching myself back I really wish I had gotten my Skype display to work so I could have sat up properly – I realized I was leaning over to look in the iSight the whole time!! Argggh.
    Great job with the editing – will be posting this on my site tomorrow!
    Have a great weekend!:-)
    xoxox
    Carly

• Alicia April 18, 2011 at 12:15 AM #

Haha, I didn’t notice you were leaning though I felt like I looking like I might lean in and swallow the computer at times! I thought you looked great and I bet everyone who watches will agree.

3. Molly April 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM #

This was awesome. Can’t wait to see future episodes.

4. Soccer Mom Style April 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM #

I subscribe to Carly’s blog and love her DIY projects. Carly is incredible. Her tutorials are very easy to understand and follow. Also, what I love about her blog is that she is personable and down to earth herself and doesn’t mind replying to some small blogs like mine ;)

I listened to the entire interview and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks so much, Alicia, for doing this.

Maya (a.k.a. Soccer Mom Style)

• Alicia April 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM #

Thanks for watching Maya! You are so right, Carly is amazingly personable- I could talk with her all day! Thanks for watching.

5. carlyjcais April 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM #

Awww, thanks guys for such kind words! You are all so sweet!:-D And Maya, your blog is definitely not small…you are on the up-and-up!!:-D Thanks Natalie – for saying I looked relaxed – I was super-nervous LOL

Can’t wait to see more video interviews with other DIY’ers..so excited!!
    xoxox